POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How to run POV-Ray from command line : How to run POV-Ray from command line Server Time
20 May 2024 17:17:50 EDT (-0400)
  How to run POV-Ray from command line
From: Pahidla
Date: 5 Oct 2007 00:30:01
Message: <web.4705bd7114b847653ccd3f470@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I can't seem to find the most elementary info on how to run POV-Ray from
command line in Windows.

I have finally figure out that I can do something like:

"C:Program FilesPOV-Ray for Windows v3.6binpvengine.exe" +W160 +H90
"C:pgpavraybox.pov"  /EXIT

....but I stumbled across the +W160 type options by accident, the /EXIT
options in the documentation, not sure how I solved the "I/O restictions"
issue and don't know how to suppress the display window and produce PNG
output, and many other options.

Is there a coherent source on this? (My guess is that I am terrible at
looking for stuff.)

Many thanks in advance.

Pahidla